Who Are We
We are Ausso Leadership academy, we were set up to mentor Entrepreneurs to Institutionalize and Scale their businesses geometrically.
We believe that the Ausso Leadership Academy fills a huge vacuum in practicalizing and democratizing entrepreneurship so that differentiation is majorly through intuition, acumen and luck rather than by a lack of basic knowledge of a workable methodology.
Why you should attend Ausso Leadership Academy
- Vast practical knowledge – at the end of the program, the participants will be empowered with the strategy, leadership and business management skills needed for the growth and development of their businesses by applying new knowledge to a constantly changing business environment characterized by disruption.
- Mentorship – in addition to sharing the experience of the journeys of the Champions of Entrepreneurship, entrepreneurs will have a the unique opportunity of a one-on-one close mentorship clinic with the champions, faculty or domain experts, describing the friction points in their businesses and gaining insights from an experienced and objective third party who will also provide guidance in fine-tuning strategy
Finally, if you believe that your business is established; but you do not think that it can survive without you for three weeks, then you are precisely the candidate for this program.
We look forward to welcoming you at the Ausso Leadership Academy, providing the backbone for entrepreneurship.
The target participants will be entrepreneurs that are:
- Venturing – guiding the entrepreneurial minded to conquer their fears and take the plunge instead of tepidly dipping their toes in the water by remaining on a day job which has ceased to hold any sparkle, while plodding through side businesses
- Scaling and Institutionalizing – the mindset of the startup needs to evolve along with the growth of the business. The tools and skills required for running a 10 man company is very different from that required for a 100 man operation and ditto a 500 man institution. An example is Google, which brought in the matured Eric Schmidt to oversee a business that had outgrown their managerial capacity
- Leaving a legacy – planning for succession and possible liquidity event where the entrepreneur opens the business up for other investors and possibly take out some wealth to go and pursue other passions in retirement
Intrapreneurs – these are the entrepreneurial mindset of the organization. Executives with innovative capacity who would rather continue to pursue a career in a large organization than start an enterprise of their own. They typically become the next generation CEOs. An example is Satya Nadella of Microsoft.
Austin Okere is the Founder and Entrepreneur-in-Residence at the Ausso Leadership Academy. Austin has an MBA from IESE Business School, and over 30 years industry experience, covering roles in Visioning & Strategy, Relationship Management, Leadership Training, Corporate Management, Sales & Marketing, and Systems Analysis, with 23 years as Founder and CEO of CWG Plc (NSE: CWG).
Austin is also an Entrepreneur-in-Residence at Columbia Business School, New York, where he received special commendation for his mentorship role in innovation and entrepreneurship.
The Faculty of the Ausso Leadership Academy are Domain Experts in their respective business sectors with considerable years of practice and experience. Above all, they have a shared motivation and a burning desire to impart their knowledge and experience in building a thriving entrepreneurial ecosystem.
Ndidi Nwuneli is the Founder of LEAP Africa, a leading youth leadership nonprofit organization, and co-Founder of AACE Food Processing & Distribution, an indigenous agroprocessing company that was founded to fight malnutrition, reduce post-harvest losses among smallholder farmers and displace imports.
Chris is a Seasoned Leadership Development professional with a track record of helping companies thrive. He is a proven leader and trusted adviser with a corporate career spanning 25 year in Strategy Consulting and FMCG Sales, Marketing and General Management.He specializes in driving the commercial agenda and developing new markets.
Deji works with Organisations and Leadership teams to craft and implement winning strategies for their businesses, build and grow high-performing teams whilst enabling successful transformations. Currently, he is the Practice Lead at Afrissance Limited, overseeing the Organisational Health and Change Management practices.